- National University of Singapore, Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery – 1992
- MRCOG Part I – 1999
- MMed (O&G) Singapore – 2004
- Singapore Management University-SingHealth Graduate Diploma in Healthcare Management and Leadership – 2011-2012
- Harvard Macy Institute Programme for Educators in Healthcare Professions – 2013
- Insead Asian International Executive Programme
Dr Tan Thiam Chye, Obstetrician and Gynaecologist
O&G The Women’s Medical Specialist is helmed by Obstetrician and Gynaecologist Dr Tan Thiam Chye. Dr Tan was the immediate former Head and Senior Consultant in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology and Urgent O&G Centre, KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital. He is adjunct Associate Professor in Duke-NUS medical school. Dr Tan has received numerous awards as clinician and educator. He co-authored the book “Practical O&G Handbook for the Clinician and General Practitioner”, which won the British Medical Association Book Award in 2015. In 2016–2017, Dr Tan co-developed the HealthHub Pregnancy Track, a new web portal and mobile app, with the Health Promotion Board.
O&G The Women’s Medical Specialist provides a full range of fertility care from pre-conception check to follicular tracking and Intrauterine Insemination (IUI). Many women also consult us for pregnancy care including prenatal, delivery and postnatal needs. The clinic caters to gynaecological problems such as ovarian cysts, fibroids and menstrual issues. Gynae screening packages and vaccinations are available for women to be in touch with their health and well-being.
The clinic is well supported by a dedicated team that includes a Manager and experienced Nurses who reassure and help patients navigate their pregnancy journeys or health issues. A holistic and prompt approach is most important in the management. We believe in a patient-centric approach including telemedicine to give patients accessibility and convenience to healthcare in the comfort of their homes and offices.
The clinic is located in Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital, a state-of-the-art private hospital in Singapore, set in a thriving medical hub in the Novena area.
Professional Appointments and Committee Memberships
- Member, Singapore Assessment for Medical Practice Committee, Ministry of Health
- Associate Professor,OBGYN, Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School
- Chairman, Advocacy Workgroup, Academic Medicine Education Institute
- Member, Complaints Committee and Disciplinary Tribunal, Singapore Medical Council
- Head & Senior Consultant, Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital
2017 – 2019
- Head (Inpatient Service), Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Feb 2014 – Jun 2017
- Board member, KKH Medical Board and Executive Committee Board Jan 2011 – 2019
- Associate Professor, OBGYN, Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School April 2013 – onwards
- Chairman, Advocacy Workgroup, Academic Medicine Education Institute March 2013 – 2019
- Member, OBGYN Evidence-based Medicine Practice Improvement Committee March 2011 – 2019
- Clinical Physician Faculty Member, OBGYN SingHealth Residency April 2011 – 2019
- SingHealth Excellence Awards 2018 for Distinguished Educator
- Singapore Health Quality Service SUPERSTAR Award (Finalist) 2017
- Singapore Health Quality Service GOLD Award 2015
- Prestigious British Medical Association Book Award in 2015.
- Singapore Health Quality Service Silver Award 2014
Publications and Research Trials
- Ku CW, Tan ZW, Li M, Tam ZY, Tan TC, Tan NS. Spontaneous miscarriage in first trimester pregnancy is associated with altered urinary metabolite profile. BBA Clinical 2017;8:48-55.
- Tang L, Liew HM, Koh MJ. Allen JC, Tan TC. Prevalence of striae gravidarum in a multi-ethnic Asian population and the associated risk factors. Australas J Dermatol 2017;58(3):154-155
- Lek SM, Ku CW, Allen JC, Malhotra R, Østbye T, Tan NS and Tan TC. Validation of serum progesterone <35nmol/L as a predictor of miscarriage among women with threatened miscarriage. BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth 2017
- Ku CW, Allen JC, Malhotra R, Han CC, Tan NS, Østbye T, Lek SM, Lie D and Tan TC. How can we better predict the risk of spontaneous miscarriage among women experiencing threatened miscarriage? Gyne Endocrinol 2015:31(8):647-651
- He S, Allen JC, Malhotra R, Østbye T, Lek SM and Tan TC. Association of maternal serum progesterone in early pregnancy with low birth weight and other adverse pregnancy outcomes. J Mat Fetal Neonatal Med 2015;3:1-6
- Principal Investigator, NRMC-IAF Medical Research Grant for Biomarkers in Early Pregnancy Failure – SGD $1.2 Million
- Principal Investigator, NMRC-ZIKA Medical Research Grant for A Multi-Center Prospective National Longitudinal Study – SGD $1 Million
- Principal Investigator, Singhealth Research Fund Project Grant 2013-2015 for Progesterone and PIBF in Early Pregnancy ($150 000)
- Principal Investigator, Duke-NUS Khoo Student Research Grant 2014-2015 for RCT of progestogens in threatened miscarriages ($10 000)
- Principal Investigator, Industry-sponsored (Stratamark) study grant 2015 – 2016 for Role of stretch mark cream for striae prevention – ($88 000)
Dr Tan Thiam Chye, Obstetrician and Gynaecologist
Dr Tan Thiam Chye joined O&G The Women’s Medical Specialist as Obstetrician and Gynaecologist. Previously, he held the position of a Senior Consultant in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology and Urgent O&G Centre, KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital. Dr Tan holds Professional Appointments and Committee Memberships and he had won numerous awards as outstanding clinician and educator. He recent won was SingHealth Excellence Awards 2018 for Distinguished Educator. He co-authored the book “Practical O&G Handbook for the Clinician and General Practitioner” which won the British Medical Association Book Award in 2015. In 2016-2017, he co-developed the HealthHub Pregnancy Track, a new web portal and mobile app, with Health Promotion Board. Dr Tan Thiam Chye had delivered approximately 5,000 babies throughout his career as a gynaecologist.